Couches can be expensive and might require regular cleaning and maintenance. One of the most common problems we find on the couches is stains. Pets are one of the reasons for causing stains on your couches. If you own pets in your house you will have to take special care of many things in your house and the couch is one of the most important things in your house.
We spend most of our leisure time on couches and a dirty couch can cause a lot of problems to the environment and humans as well. Many diseases and allergies are caused by dirty couches. Breathing issues and skin allergies are very commonly caused by pet stains. To avoid these, you need to clean the couches regularly and professionals can help clean the couches effectively. Read on to know about the top couch cleaning tips for pet owners.
Here Are Top Couch Cleaning Tips For Pet Owners:
- Regularly Vacuum your Couch: Regular vacuuming the couch is one of the most essential top couch cleaning tips for pet owners. Vacuum the couch at least twice a week to remove pet hair and prevent unpleasant odours. If you hoover regularly, odor-causing debris and bacteria are less likely to accumulate. When cleaning, make sure to get into every crevice and between the couch cushions to get at any pet hairs, crumbs, or other debris that may be hidden there. There is a good selection of vacuums made for pet owners that specialises in removing pet hair. In addition to routine vacuuming, you can use a lint roller or hair magnetic brush to remove pet hair from your couch.
- Clean your pillows and covers: If you have cushions or covers on your sofa, you should wash them regularly to eradicate any odours. It’s recommended to use cushions with detachable slipcovers because they’re much easier to wash. If you have non-washable pillows, invest in some slipcovers. You can wash them regularly to help keep pet scents at bay in your home. You may even use it as an occasion to refresh your home’s colour palette, possibly to match your pet’s.
- Use the odour-removing spray and pet wipes: There are numerous scent sprays and pet wipes available. Most are appropriate not only for sofas, but also for carpets, linen, and apparel. Accidents can happen to both young and senior pets, but using spray and wipes can help remove unwanted odours and leave an appealing, fresh scent after usage. It may surprise you to learn that baking soda may be used to remove stains and odours. Simply sprinkle baking soda on your sofa and let it soak for at least 20 minutes before cleaning. If the odour is really strong, keep the container of baking soda on the couch for a few hours.
- Use Enzyme Cleaners to Remove Pet Stains– Many products are useful in removing pet stains but enzyme cleaners are more effective than all other cleaning products. All you need to do is spray these enzyme cleaners on the stains and blot them according to the directions. These cleaners are made using harmless bacteria that eat the organic matter and help in removing the odour from the couch. Once the organic matter is finished the bacteria die due to lack of food. This process might take a few hours to a few days to get the desired result. It is also recommended to cover the stained area after spraying the enzyme cleaners to help the bacteria grow in moist conditions and provide better results. This is one of the top couch cleaning tips for pet owners.
- Use Baking Soda for Pet Stain Removal– One of the top couch cleaning tips for pet owners is using baking soda for removing stains and odours. Baking soda is one of the best homemade remedies used for cleaning all kinds of stains from the couches. This method is also the best way to remove the bad odour from the couches. You can also get rid of the pet stains as well as the pet odour from the couches. All you need to do is sprinkle enough baking soda on the couch and let it settle for around 20 minutes or more depending on the stains. Once it releases the odours and breaks up the stains from the couches, you can remove them using a vacuum cleaner. If you don’t get the desired results, you can repeat the process.
Book Professional Cleaning Services To Save Your Couches
Although many couch stains can be removed easily by using home remedies, some stubborn stains need professional help. Our company provides the best services for Upholstery cleaning in Adelaide and nearby locations. We are the most skilled and trained cleaners with lots of experience in the couch cleaning. We also offer emergency couch cleaning services at reasonable prices. Our cleaning team is well-equipped with the best tools. Also, we hope the above top couch cleaning tips for pet owners help you to prevent and get rid of stains.