Mattresses cost a lot and stains and dirt can damage the mattress and affect its overall quality. Cleaning a mattress regularly is important. Cleaning the mattress sometimes can cause problems so it is important to hire professionals to get a regular deep cleaning of your mattress to maintain its health and quality. Deep cleaning will not only help in removing the stains and spots but will also help in maintaining the overall quality of the mattress. The important question here is how do you deep clean a mattress? Read the blog to know the best methods for deep cleaning your mattress.
Here Is How Do You Deep Clean A Mattress?
You can follow these simple steps to deep clean a mattress:
- Check out the following care instructions: Before beginning to clean the mattress, always consult the care guide to see what the supplier suggests. This is because various kinds of mattresses need different cleaning procedures, so check to see if there are any ‘does and don’ts’ you should be aware of. Check to discover if your mattress is double-sided or single-sided, as this will influence whether you can thoroughly wash both sides or simply the top.
- Remove The Bed Sheets And Gather The Things Required- 5 to 10 minutes before cleaning the mattress remove the bed sheets to make sure there is no dust or dirt present and it gets settled. Then you should collect the important things that will be useful in cleaning the mattress. This will include a vacuum cleaner, detergent, baking soda, cleaning clothes, and most importantly cold water.
- Vacuum The Mattress First- You can use any vacuum cleaner to vacuum the mattress. But make sure that the vacuum cleaner is effective and time-saving. Vacuuming a mattress will help in removing all the dirt and germs from the surface of the mattress. There are various ways to vacuum a mattress. This is an important step in how do you deep clean a mattress. When superficial dirt is removed, then it gets easy to deep clean a mattress.
- Use Stain Cleaner For Spot Cleaning- You should instantly remove the stains which will help in avoiding the stains spreading all over the place. You can use any type of stain remover but it should be effective enough for Stain removal. Make sure to clean all the corners and avoid rubbing. Rubbing will spread the stains all over the mattress. you can hire stain removal expert
- Sprinkle Baking Soda Or Any Other Cleaning Powder- In this step, the baking soda will absorb all the stains from the mattress. All you need to do is just sprinkle the baking soda all over the stained area and let it settle so that it can absorb all the stains from the mattress. This step is useful in removing the stains and also germs from the mattress. Even spreading the baking soda is important in odor removal. This will also absorb the moisture from the mattress. Let it settle for some time. This will take a minimum of 5 to 10 minutes to settle properly and remove the stains.
- Vacuum Again-
Once the baking soda absorbs the moisture and the dust you should once again vacuum the mattress thoroughly to remove the baking soda or any other cleaning powder used for removing the stains. You should thoroughly remove all the powder from the mattress. Make sure to vacuum all the corners of the mattress to remove all the germs and bacteria from the mattress.
- Flip The Mattress And Repeat The Process- Once the mattress is cleaned from one side flip it to another side to deep clean it from the other side. You should repeat all the processes from the beginning to clean the mattress. This should be done 3 to 4 times for proper cleaning of the mattress. Make sure to flip the mattress properly without any problems caused. This is an important aspect of How do you deep clean a mattress.
- Use Protective Layers For Mattress- Protection is also important after cleaning the mattress. You should cover the mattress with a bed sheet and make sure there are no dust particles on the mattress. There are many other ways to protect a mattress from dust and dirt particles. You can also take expert advice to get more ideas about the protective layers for mattresses.
- Make your own essential oil and baking soda spray: To keep the mattress smelling fresher for longer, fill a spray bottle with baking soda, water, and aromatic oils and softly spray the mattress. For a peaceful aroma that can help you sleep, try chamomile or lavender essential oils. If you do not have any essential oils or don’t want to make your own, a mattress or room spray will do the trick. While spraying, take care not to get the mattress’s surface too wet. Now you know How do you deep clean a mattress at home. All you have to do is replace your clean bedding and sheet on the mattress for a perfectly clean feeling.
Meet Experts And Save Your Mattress From All Cleaning Problems
Professional cleaners help clean the mattress thoroughly and let you understand how do you deep clean a mattress. We are one of the many good companies that provide the best mattress cleaning services across Adelaide. A professional cleaning will not only remove the stains but are also helpful in maintaining health and prolonging the lifespan of the mattress. City Carpet Cleaning is always available to help you. We have the best types of machinery for cleaning the mattress. The techniques we use are the latest and most effective in deep cleaning all kinds of mattresses, So, you can meet our experts to save your mattress from all cleaning problems.