6 Steps to Keep Your Carpets Dust & Dirt Free
Carpet is quite common in homes, and while it is fantastic for giving comfort and warmth, it is more difficult to keep clean and perfect than laminated or tile flooring – particularly if you have kids or pets! It’s also one of the most expensive items to replace in your home, so you want to do all you can to extend its life. So, in this blog, we are going to discuss How to Keep Carpet Dust Free?. It will help you to save your carpets.
6 Steps To Keep Your Carpets Dust And Dirt Free Are:
- Stop dirt and grime at the door: The easiest way to keep your carpets clean for a long time is to keep dirt or grime outside at the entrance of your home. You should use outdoor or indoor door mats which will reduce the amount of dirt tracked inside the home. You should also encourage your family members or visitors to wipe up their shoes before they enter your home.
- Ditch the shoes: Another carpet cleaning tip we have is to avoid wearing shoes inside your home. As shoes are the carrier of dust from the outdoors. Doormats are only useful if your shoes do not walk over them! Shoes are the most common reason for tracking dirt throughout your home and doing destruction on your carpet. Carpet attracts anything dust on the bottom of your shoes, not to mention that shoes can crush dirt into the carpet fibres, causing matting. Implement an indoor no-shoes rule to prevent filth and grime from being tracked throughout the rest of the house and to reduce wear and tear on your carpet.
- Change or clean your air filters: Carpet cleaning also depends on the air filters of your home. The more dust particles your air filters will remove, the cleaner your carpets will be. So, for carpet cleaning, you must keep your air ducts or filters clean.
- Vacuum regularly: Vacuum is one of the easiest ways to do carpet cleaning. Vacuuming is the most important part of cleaning; you should never avoid it. Vacuuming regularly keeps debris out of the deep fibres of your carpet, preventing them from clogging and progressively deteriorating the colour and overall condition of the carpet. However, vacuuming too regularly can also be harmful. Vacuuming your carpet, a minimum of once a week is a decent rule, especially if it is in an area with lots of traffic or you have pets, in which case twice a week may be preferable. Having a routine in place will help keep particles of dirt and pet hair at bay, as well as eliminate any filth that has accumulated over time. If that amount of cleaning is too much for you, hire a professional cleaning firm regularly to do the vacuuming for you some or all of the time.
- Treat stains as quickly as possible: In carpet cleaning, the worst hurdle comes up when you face stains. Removing stains is very tough. Carpet stains from beverages, food, pets, and other accidents are a regular problem. However, the longer a stain remains, the more difficult it is to eliminate, and allowing stains neglected can harm both the texture and the colour of your carpet. It is critical to be attentive in cleaning up accidents as soon as possible and to keep in mind that various kinds of spills necessitate different clean-up strategies. But if you act immediately while the spill occurs, then you can remove it easily using some home remedies for cleaning products.
- Give your carpets a professional deep cleaning: Last but not least, professional carpet cleaning is very important, if you want to keep your carpets healthy for long. Although vacuuming is necessary, it merely eliminates dirt from the carpet’s surface. A deep carpet cleaning penetrates the surface fibres and extracts all the unpleasant stuff you can’t see. You can buy carpet cleaning devices to handle this on your own, but if used incorrectly, they may aggravate the situation by drawing more dirt, mould, and mildew. To maintain your carpet clean and damage-free for as long as possible, we suggest contacting a professional for a thorough carpet cleaning at least twice a year. Deep cleaning of the carpet enhances its beauty, increases its life, and lowers health risks such as allergens, mould, and bacteria. So, hiring them is the best option for carpet cleaning.
So, these are the How to Keep Carpet Dust Free?. Following these simple steps are very important to keep your carpets in good condition for years. And also, it is recommended to get your carpets cleaned by professionals at least twice a year. So, do hire them and get your carpets cleaned.